World Coal To X
World CTX 2015 Conference in China on April 14-17, 2015
The leading hub for coal conversion to high value products, World Coal To X will host its yearly conference in China from April 14 to April 17, 2015.
The overall program features:
– April 14 (Beijing): Coal To X technologies with a practical focus;
– April 15-16 (Beijing): plenary sessions on energy security, projects, environment and economics, concluded by the presentation ceremony of the 2015 World CTX Award;
– April 17: industry tour – program is being finalized.
For proposing a presentation to be included in the program to the Organizing Committee, please email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For proposing a candidate for the World CTX Award to the Advisory Board, please click here.
The papers presented at the World CTX 2014 Conference are posted here. Participants have received their login and password. If you could not attend the Conference, you can subscribe to the service for reasonable fees. More information here.
Two Comprehensive Studies on Coal To X
1. Production Costs of Alternative Transportation Fuels
The International Energy Agency published in the end of 2013 a study comparing the costs of alternative fuels produced from various feedstocks. Interesting results are shown on pages 23 and 24, where Coal To Liquids appears as the cheapest alternative fuel.
2. Trends in Gasification
According to a study implemented by Higman Consulting, Coal To X (the production of chemicals, natural gas and liquid fuels from coal and petcoke) will remain Gasification’s main application, particularly in Asia. By 2018,
– 75% of gasification capacity will be in Asia/Pacific (mostly in China)
– 92% output will be chemicals, liquid fuels and gaseous fuels (rather than electricity)
– 85% of feedstock will be coal and petroleum coke.
To access the study, please visit the Gasification Technologies Council‘s website here. Then select Database, 2013, Annual Conference, Higman Consulting.